New toner and inkjet portfolio powers MGI’s most successful Drupa showing to date
MGI Digital Graphic Technology, the French manufacturer of digital printing and finishing solutions, announced the company’s strongest showing at Drupa to date, driven by five new toner and inkjet product introductions and resulting in record numbers of orders and qualified leads.
In a record turnout, Drupa attendees were excited to see MGI’s broad portfolio of new toner and inkjet (driven by MGI’s exclusive inkjet engine technology) solutions in action, featuring two products presented in a technology preview and three products now available for order.
MGI’s new products at Drupa included:
- Meteor DP8700 S entry-level digital press for paper, envelopes and specific synthetics, currently available for order and delivery.
- Jet-varnish 3D inkjet spot UV coater, featuring new 3D embossing capabilities and increased speed for flat spot UV coating. The Jet-varnish 3D is available for order now with delivery scheduled for fall 2012.
- Jet 7540 inkjet press for calendar applications, with 6+ color capabilities, inline spot or flood UV coating and ability to print on sheets up to 3 mm thick. The Jet 7540 is now available for order and delivery.
- Nova UV inline UV coater designed for MGI’s Meteor series of digital presses, presented in technology preview with availability slated for late 2012.
- AlphaJet B2 sheetfed inkjet press featuring 6+ color UV printing and inline spot & flood UV coating, presented in a technology preview with commercial availability scheduled for late 2013.
In addition to the new products, MGI showcased the flagship Meteor DP8700 XL digital press, with the widest range of substrate options and formats (up to 330x1020 mm/13 x 40”) among production digital presses; Jetcard inkjet card factory, featuring inline 6+ color UV printing, spot & flood UV coating, security inks, and mag stripe encoding/verification in just one pass; and finishing solutions including the PressCard Pro, PunchCard Pro and DF360.
“The attendee response at the show showed that MGI’s products are providing customers the real differentiation capabilities they need to succeed in today’s challenging global print market,” said Edmond Abergel, President and CEO of MGI. “Our new toner and inkjet portfolio features a diverse range of value-added capabilities that drive real profits for our end users, and the demand for these technologies at Drupa exceeded our highest expectations.”
The landmark showing for MGI at Drupa included a record number of orders from customers throughout the world, including North and South America, Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia Pacific. Many customers placed orders for multiple units or equipment combinations, with the flagship Meteor series and Jet-varnish 3D leading the charge. Attendees in the MGI booth as well as the surrounding booths in hall 4 were very familiar with the constant bell ringing that signalled yet another order taken at the show.
MGI’s global distribution network was a formidable presence at Drupa as well, with representatives from more than 70 countries staffing the MGI booth and bringing thousands of qualified prospects for demonstrations.
All in all, MGI’s Drupa performance showcased the company’s position as a true innovator, presenting solutions designed to empower customers to stand out from the crowd and take charge of their profitability – a strategy validated by the constant crowds in the MGI booth, tremendous interest in game-changing products, and record numbers of orders taken.