FESPA: 2020 Awards with four new categories
The FESPA Awards 2020 are now open to print service providers (PSPs) and sign-makers looking to highlight their outstanding examples of print. FESPA has added four new categories to the Awards in 2020, including a Printeriors Award to reflect the growth in this market area.
Neil Felton, CEO, FESPA comments: “Since we launched Printeriors in 2015, demand for printed décor has risen within the speciality print community and was also highlighted as a key trend in both our 2015 and 2018 Print Census reports. Over the last five years we have developed our Printeriors proposition to reflect the demands in the industry. We can see from our exhibitions and events that printed décor plays a big part for a number of manufacturers and PSPs. By introducing the Printeriors Award we want to share the creative examples of printed décor that our global community is producing.”
The Printeriors Award will feature five sub-categories: Public spaces (e.g. museums, hospitals); Hotels and restaurants; Events and pop-up experiences; Offices and workplaces; and Retail.
FESPA has also introduced three other application-focused categories for its 2020 Awards:
- Packaging on Paper & Board
- Packaging on Plastics
- Wrapping – wrapping of vehicles (commercial, fleet or private) and other items such as furniture and accessories
In addition to the new Awards, PSPs and sign-makers can also enter projects in the established categories:
- Display and POP on Paper and Board
- Display and POP on Plastic
- Serigraphies and Fine Art
- Decals and Printed Labels
- Creative Special Effects – Paper Board and Plastics
- Special Effects on T-shirts, Garments and Other Textiles
- Printed Garments
- Roll-to-Roll Printed Textiles
- Glass, Ceramic, Metal and Wood Products
- Direct Printing on Three Dimensional Products
- Non-Printed Signage
- Functional Printing - Fascias, Dials, Name plates
Separate from the main award categories is the Young Star Award, which is marked across all categories and can be entered by 16 to 25 year olds working as a junior employee, trainee or student in a print-related discipline.
In addition, there are three Awards which cannot be entered directly and are voted for by the FESPA community and judges:
- The People’s Choice Award is voted for by FESPA’s online community across all categories. Voting for this award will be open from 8 November 2019 to 9 December 2019.
- The Best in Show Award is chosen by the FESPA Awards judges from all categories.
- New for this year is the Judges Award for Innovation, which is selected by the FESPA Judges across all categories for the most innovative piece of work.
The FESPA Awards 2019 received 173 entries from 50 countries, reinforcing the status of the competition within the speciality print industry and the prestige of winning an award.
David Gray, MD at VGL comments about winning the Posters and Best In Show categories in the 2019 FESPA Awards: “Winning a FESPA Award for not just our entered category but also Best in Show has been a fantastic experience. We’ve always invested in innovation, from the latest print technology to new finishing methods, so to be recognised by FESPA has not only reinforced our commitment to establishing new techniques to offer our clients but has also motivated our teams across the company to work on future innovative concepts.
“We see the Awards as formal recognition of the drive, energy and creativity of the fantastic people that work within our company. Without them we would not be in a position to enter in the first place.”
For PSPs and sign-makers looking to enter the 2020 Awards, entries must be submitted by Friday 1 November 2019. The shortlisted entries will be announced on 9 December 2019 and will be displayed at FESPA Global Print Expo 2020, which takes place from 24 to 27 March at IFEMA Exhibition Centre, Madrid, Spain.
Winners of the FESPA Awards 2020 will be announced at the FESPA Gala Night in Madrid on 25 March 2020, details of which will be available shortly.sbr / 07/03/2019